For all official information and updates regarding Covid-19 visit the South African Department of Health website at www.SAcoronavirus.co.za or their WhatsApp line on 0600-123456. If you want your own WhatsApp Chatbot visit www.whatskonnekt.com
Egg Size and Weight Class
The egg size tells you the minimum required net weight per egg. It does not refer to the dimensions of an egg or how big it looks.
|Weight Class||Minimum net weight per egg|
|JUMBO||More than 66 g|
|EXTRA LARGE||59 g - 66 g|
|LARGE||51 g - 59 g|
|MEDIUM||43 g - 51 g|
|SMALL||33 g - 43 g|
Grade One Egg Specification
- Soundness of shell - No cracks.
- Cleanliness of shell - Clean.
- Shape of shell - Regular.
- Texture of shell - Strong.
- Blood spots, blood rings in eggs.
- Up to and including 1mm in diameter - Maximum of 3.3 % of samples tested.
- More than 1mm in diameter - Maximum of 1.6 % of samples tested.
- Unacceptable odours - None.
- Characteristic colour - Between 7 & 9 on the ROCHE scale of colours.
- Normally positioned.
- Not spotted, flat or enlarged.
- Egg white.
- Haugh value of at least 55 units.
- Air cells maximum depth of 6mm.