The egg size tells you the minimum required net weight per egg. It does not refer to the dimensions of an egg or how big it looks.
|Weight Class||Minimum net weight per egg|
|JUMBO||More than 66 g|
|EXTRA LARGE||59 g - 66 g|
|LARGE||51 g - 59 g|
|MEDIUM||43 g - 51 g|
|SMALL||33 g - 43 g|
Grade One Egg Specification
- Soundness of shell - No cracks.
- Cleanliness of shell - Clean.
- Shape of shell - Regular.
- Texture of shell - Strong.
- Blood spots, blood rings in eggs.
- Up to and including 1mm in diameter - Maximum of 3.3 % of samples tested.
- More than 1mm in diameter - Maximum of 1.6 % of samples tested.
- Unacceptable odours - None.
- Characteristic colour - Between 7 & 9 on the ROCHE scale of colours.
- Normally positioned.
- Not spotted, flat or enlarged.
- Egg white.
- Haugh value of at least 55 units.
- Air cells maximum depth of 6mm.